mardi 13 novembre 2018

VDH The Crimson Stradivarius vs The Crimson SE Ebony final conclusions.


I am writing this since somebody has written me saying that from my previous writing it seams I found the Stradivarius better then the Ebony. Well I am sorry if I suggested it from my writing, but I certainly didn't want to assert this superiority. The reality between these two great cartridges is more complicated that being able just to affirm one is better then the other.

After living few months with the Ebony (that I end up buying) I can more easily affirm the differences between this cartridge (maybe unique) and the Stradivarius.
I say that the Ebony could be unique since I don't really know if VDH sells it in his catalogue or if it is just a special order cartridge. At the begining of the life of this cartridge there was a specific necessity I had: the best possible reproduction of piano and about 1mv output. I have talk about it to a VDH friend distributor that asked about this requirement to Mr VDH. After few months we got the Ebony.

My final conclusion vs the Stradivarius are simple: on a absolute quality level they are surely on the same level. But they are different.

The Stradivarius is like a beautiful lady on her mid 30s, perfectly conscius of her beauty that want you to notice and wants to seduce you and she will manage to do it!  Perfectly dressed, with a perfect make up. The right colours, the right shoes, the right mooves and voice and gestures.

The Ebony is a beautiful girl that has not riched her mid 20s yet. She is the way she is. She has a not calculated beauty. She does not want you to be seduced by her, she is more natural, more in contact with the root of life, her smile is from her heart with no filter of her brain to make it nicer, she is dressed very nicely, actually she could wear anything since anything would be nice on her,  but her dresses do not come from Armani. She wears e very light make up. She moves less elegantly then the Stradivarius but in her mooves there is something the Stradivarius does not have a kind of simplicity and sincerity that it is very difficult to describe but obvious when you see it.

These is the difference between these two cartridges.
When you are listening with your brain ready to critic and to make an autopsy of the sound you will end up liking the Stradivarius more, but when  listen with your heart you will like the Ebony. Generally when we compare two things we listen with our brain. We are in a critic mode.

The strange thing: whenever I had the Stradivarius on I really loved it! But after a while inside my heart in a small place I was missing the Ebony. But while  listening to the Ebony I never missed the Stradivarius.

The Stradivarius will impress you and your friend more. The Ebony you will want it only for yourself.








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire